Posted by: yeah 2017-05-14, 17:30
Posted by: TheFool 2017-05-15, 12:56
QUOTE(yeah @ 2017-05-14, 17:30)
Posted by: 河伯大君 2017-05-16, 00:42
Posted by: TheFool 2017-05-16, 04:38
QUOTE(河伯大君 @ 2017-05-16, 00:42)
Posted by: TheFool 2017-05-19, 12:20
- Over 13K responses to the WW survey. 56% say they play a physical game — board, RPG, card — at least once a week.
- WorldOfDarkness.com, which they're planning to turn into a big immersive user portal for WoD game players of all kinds. (Starting with the LARPers, because audience.) Analogous to StarWars.com and D&D Beyond. Open beta this summer.
- Storytellers Vault, a DM's Guild-like UGC program where people can publish fiction and game supplements—starting with all four prior editions of Vampire: the Masquerade. (50% author/publisher split of money; partnership with DriveThru.) Summer 2017.
Announcement of Tampa by Night (September 28-30, 2017), another in the series of WoD boutique events.
- By Night Studios: Changeling the Dreaming (the next LARP release)
- VTES Anthology — the first print set for the game in years — given to each attendee There will be V5 playtests at Gen Con and other upcoming events.
- Vampire: Fifth Edition will come out as one core rulebook—meant to imply cross-compatibility with other 5E games—and two standalone setting books: Camarilla and Anarch. The setting books will be deluxe, photo-illustrated, and useful as a setting bible for WoD stuff all around.
- The new Vampire continuity splits off with "Beckett's Jyhad Diary."
- System focused on species-specific traits.
- V5 tracks "hunger" rather than a blood pool.
- The Elder vampires have felt the call to the East, summoned to hidden temples to fight the Gehenna Wars. (Save those who succumb to diablerie and gorging themselves to stay.) The Sabbat have stalked after them. But that's largely offstage now.
- The Second Inquisition: Mortal intelligence agencies have discovered the nature of the Kindred and are using technology to hunt them down.
- Anarchs have been exiled from the Camarilla, along with Caitiff and thin-bloods. A new emphasis on the masquerade. City hierarchies are even more drastic. In the face of these challenges, Kindred society goes dark — vampire cities become more isolated, and there's a slow reversion to Dark Ages traditions.
- Werewolf: "Gaia is dying of fever." Impergium is "back on the table"
- Mage: There's a reason why vampires have a hard time using modern technology and the internet… "Colliding worldviews." Mage will come 3rd. "In a world where some of the most fantastic things in the book can now be ordered online…we have to step up our game. And, if AI has advanced as far as it has in our world…who runs the Technocracy?"
- Chronicles of Darkness: It continues. Ask Onyx Path, it's "their thing."
- Demon: "We'd love to bring it forward. Bring your pitches." Some other lines, like Wraith and -
- Changeling, may come out in different formats first.