Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

欢迎访问本站。游客仅能浏览首页新闻、版块主题、维基条目与资源信息,需登录后方可获得内容发布、话题讨论、维基编辑与资源下载等权限。若无账号请先完成注册流程。
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [译]马格努斯档案馆#61 硬路肩, 马格努斯档案馆本次讲述一名警探的故事,一次普通的车辆拦截检查竟引发了离奇的事件…
贝克的小号
2023-05-25, 16:31
Post #1


名为赞福德的弹道学凝胶假人
Group Icon
 347
   62

Group: Avatar
Posts: 97
Joined: 2022-03-18
Member No.: 97525


马格努斯061 - 档案号 #0160112 - 爱丽丝·“黛西”·托纳

讲述导致其初次签署信息自由法第31节相关文件的事件。

马格努斯档案馆本次讲述一名警探的故事,一次普通的车辆拦截检查竟引发了离奇的事件…

档案员 - 乔纳森·西姆斯;爱丽丝·“黛西”·托纳 - 菲·罗伯茨
作者:乔纳森·西姆斯
导演:亚历山大·J·纽瓦尔
编辑: 亚历山大·J·纽瓦尔,迈克·勒博
翻译/字幕:赞福德Zaphod(贝克的小号)



2楼附文字版
TOP
贝克的小号
2023-05-25, 16:31
Post #2


名为赞福德的弹道学凝胶假人
Group Icon
 347
   62

Group: Avatar
Posts: 97
Joined: 2022-03-18
Member No.: 97525


马格努斯061 - 档案号 #0160112 - 爱丽丝·“黛西”·托纳

讲述导致其初次签署信息自由法第31节相关文件的事件。

马格努斯档案馆本次讲述一名警探的故事,一次普通的车辆拦截检查竟引发了离奇的事件…

档案员 - 乔纳森·西姆斯;爱丽丝·“黛西”·托纳 - 菲·罗伯茨
作者:乔纳森·西姆斯
导演:亚历山大·J·纽瓦尔
编辑: 亚历山大·J·纽瓦尔,迈克·勒博
翻译/字幕:赞福德Zaphod

[CLICK]
[按钮声]
ARCHIVIST
档案员
You don’t mind if I record this, do you?
我录个音,你不介意吧?

DAISY
黛西
Knock yourself out.
随你的便。

ARCHIVIST
Right.
好的。

DAISY
‘course, if anyone else ever hears it…
当然,如果这场对话被别人听见了…

ARCHIVIST
You’ll arrest me.
你就会把我抓起来。

DAISY
No.
不。

ARCHIVIST
…Right. Um, so, you came to deliver one of the tapes.
…好吧。嗯,你是来送磁带的对吧。

From Basira?
巴西拉让你送的?

The uh, the, the audio tapes.
就是,呃,就是那些录音磁带。



So… can I have it? Please?
嗯…可以给我了吗?谢谢?

DAISY
I’m thinking.
我在考虑。

ARCHIVIST
Um, right. I thought you needed me to check them?
嗯,好吧。我以为你们需要我听上面的录音来着?

DAISY
You don’t get it, do you?
你根本就不明白,是吧?

ARCHIVIST
I-I’m not sure I follow.
我…不太懂你的意思。

DAISY
The tapes. Why she was giving them to you.
磁带。你知道她为什么给你磁带吗。

ARCHIVIST
She, uh. She wanted my help.
她,嗯。她需要我的帮助。

ARCHIVIST
You, uh, you didn’t have a tape player at your station.
你们,嗯,警局那边没有磁带录音机。

DAISY
She thought you did it.
她觉得是你干的。

ARCHIVIST
What?!
什么?!

DAISY
We both did.
我们都这么认为。

ARCHIVIST
Wait, you thought I killed Gertrude?!
等一下,你们认为是我杀了格特鲁德?!

DAISY
Yes.
是的。

ARCHIVIST
Whuh – uh – I – why?
为,啊,我,为什么啊?

DAISY
Look at you: you’re obsessed with it, jumpy as hell,
and the only person who benefited from her death.
你也不看看你自己:性情乖戾,对她的死格外在意,而且是整件事唯一的受益者。

ARCHIVIST
Well uh, I… I mean. I didn’t.
嗯,呃,我…我没杀她。

DAISY
Yeah. I know.
是啊。这我知道。

DAISY
Finally got IT to clean up the CCTV for the week she disappeared.
信息中心终于把她失踪那个礼拜的监视录像捋顺了。
No cameras in the archive, but we got plenty of footage of you.
档案馆没有摄像头,但录像里有不少你的镜头。
Watched your movements that whole week. You didn’t kill her.
我们把你那礼拜的一举一动全部摸排了一遍。你确实没杀她。

ARCHIVIST
I don’t – what does this have to do with the tapes?
我不明…这跟磁带有什么关系?

DAISY
Didn’t have enough to hold you. Basira was worried you were going to run.
怕钓不住你啊。巴西拉怕你跑了。

ARCHIVIST
So, what – you fed me a couple of tapes to keep me around?
所以,你们给我磁带是为了稳住我?

DAISY
Yeah.
没错。

ARCHIVIST
And, now you know I’m innocent…?
既然现在你们已经知道我是清白的了,接下来呢…?

DAISY
Hm. I reckon we should cut you off, but Basira’s soft.
嗯。我觉得应该不用再理你了,但巴西拉太温柔了。
She likes you. No idea why.
她挺喜欢你的。我是不明白为啥。
Maybe she keeps feeding you tapes, doesn’t involve me,
I don’t plan on seeing or hearing anything about it.
也许她还会给你磁带,反正跟我没关系,我一点儿也不想趟这浑水。

ARCHIVIST
Well… thank you, Detective Tonner –
嗯…谢谢你,托纳警探——

DAISY
Daisy.
黛西。

ARCHIVIST
Thank you, Daisy.
谢谢你,黛西。

DAISY
Sure.
不客气。

ARCHIVIST
…If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been sectioned, now –
…如果你不介意的话,我想问问,你“入节”多久了——

DAISY
I do mind –
我介意——



14 years.
14年了。

ARCHIVIST
…I don’t suppose you’d like to make a statement?
…嗯,你应该不想做叙述之类的吧?

DAISY
‘bout what?
什么叙述?

ARCHIVIST
Whatever you like.
你想说什么就说什么。
14 years – you must have seen a number of paranormal things.
14年来,你一定见过不少超自然事件吧。

DAISY
And you want me to tell you about them.
所以你就想让我给你讲讲。

ARCHIVIST
Uh – I –
呃,我…

DAISY
Okay.
好吧。

ARCHIVIST
What?
什么?

DAISY
Okay. I’ll give you a statement about – how I got my first Section 31.
我说好吧。我给你讲讲我第一次签第31节的经历。

…You look surprised.
…你好像很惊讶。

ARCHIVIST
I mean, I was largely asking as a formality, Basira
didn’t give the impression you were the sharing sort.
嗯,我问这个问题不过是走个形式,听巴西拉的描述,你不是那种乐于分享的人。

DAISY
Maybe you caught me in a good mood.
或许今天我心情好吧。

ARCHIVIST
Right, well… good. Do you need me to go over our non-disclosure policy –
好吧,嗯…好的。用不用我跟你说一遍我们的保密政策——

DAISY
Not as long as you understand my policy:
不用了,你明白我的政策就行:
if it gets out, I’ll break every bone in your body.
我说的话如果被别人知道了,我就把你身上的骨头一根一根全部打断。

ARCHIVIST
There are worse things that could happen to them…
我这把骨头能遭的罪搞不好比这更惨…

DAISY
What?
什么?

ARCHIVIST
Uh, nothing. Uh, statement of Detective Alice “Daisy” Tonner
of the London Metropolitan Police. What’s the subject?
呃,没事。呃,伦敦大都会警局爱丽丝·“黛西”·托纳警探的叙述。内容是?

DAISY
Traffic stop of a delivery van on the M6
near Preston, afternoon of… 24th July, 2002.
在M6高速路普雷斯顿路段对一辆货车进行检查的经历,时间…2022年7月24日下午。

ARCHIVIST
Recorded live from subject, 1st December, 2016.
由叙述对象直接录音,录制时间:2016年12月1日。

Statement begins.
叙述开始。

DAISY (STATEMENT)
黛西(叙述)
This was a long time ago.
这已经是很久以前的事了。
I’d been police for two years.
那是我当警察的第二年。
I wasn’t even with the Met back then.
当时我甚至还没进大都会警局。
I was based up in Lancashire with a road policing unit.
我在兰开夏郡的一个道路执法组执勤。
This is before the Highways Agency took most of
the grunt work, so there was plenty to do.
当时脏活累活还没交给高速公路管理局,我们每天忙的要命。
None of it much fun, but it needed doing.
这工作说不上有意思,但却必不可少。
Booking drunk drivers were my favorite.
给醉驾司机开罚单是我最喜欢的部分。
I always hoped they’d refuse the breathalyzer,
maybe even took a swing at me.
我特别希望他们能拒绝酒精测试,甚至希望他们能动手。
Nothing funnier than a drunk asshole trying to avoid being arrested.
喝醉酒的蠢货绞尽脑汁想脱罪的样子真是再滑稽不过了。

I usually rode with Isaac Masters.
当时跟我一起执勤的一般都是艾萨克·马斯特斯。
He’d been working with the RPU a lot longer
than I had, and was even harsher than me.
他在交警局的年头比我长多了,为人处世比我也凌厉许多。
I know why, though.
不过,我知道他为什么会这样。
He tried to be a good police, give everyone a fair shot,
他曾经也想做个公正对待每个人的好警察,
but you see a lot of accidents – not much
worse in the world than a really bad car crash.
但干这行见到的事故实在太多,惨烈的交通事故绝对算得上是世上最可怕的景象。
It gets to you. You get hard on people who don’t
respect the road, and there are plenty of them out there.
久而久之,面对不遵守交规的人,你会变得越来越严厉,而这样的人可真不少。

It was raining that night, that heavy, thumping
rain that means you can’t hear a damn thing.
那天晚上下着雨,那种能隔绝其它一切声音的倾盆大雨。
It crashes onto the roof like someone’s jumpin’ on it.
雨点砸在车顶上,活像有人在上面跺脚。
Me and Zack was sitting in a lay-by,
watching traffic and trying to drink coffee.
我和萨克把车停在路边,一边查看车流一边喝咖啡。
We’d picked it up from a service station a few miles back,
but it was one of those open-topped styrofoam cups.
咖啡是在几英里外的服务区买的,用的是那种开口塑料杯。
By the time we’d got back to the car, the rain had
got in and left us with two cups of cold sludge.
等我们回到车上,雨都灌进咖啡杯里了,咖啡也成了冰凉的泥巴水。

So we were both in a pretty bad mood.
所以我俩心情都不怎么样。
It was maybe 1:00 in the afternoon, but you wouldn’t have known it.
当时大概下午1点,但天色完全不像是下午。
The clouds weren’t letting any sun through,
and everything looked grey, wet and lifeless.
厚厚的云层遮住了太阳,一切都灰蒙蒙、湿漉漉的,毫无生气。
We couldn’t even talk over the sound of rain on the roof,
so we just sat there in silence, drinking lukewarm sludge.
雨点砸到车顶上,声音大到让人没法聊天,于是我们一言不发地喝着温吞吞的泥巴水。

The motorway was quieter than normal.
高速路也比平日安静许多。
A Wednesday afternoon doesn’t see a lot of traffic, but the
rain usually brings out more cars. That day it was pretty empty.
周三下午车流量比较小,但是下雨天车应该会多一些。但那天路上空荡荡的。
Everyone seemed to be driving careful on account of
the rain, which was also not normal, and I was torn.
这场雨似乎让所有的车都小心翼翼的,但往常的雨天可不是这样,我感到十分拧巴。
Part of me wanted to spot some idiot who I could take my bad mood out on,
when the other part of me didn’t want to get any wetter than I already was.
我想找个蠢蛋发泄一下,但又不想再被淋湿。

It looked like I wasn’t gonna get a choice,
anyway – at least not until I saw the van.
可路上却没有一辆能让我找茬的车,直到一辆货车出现在视野中。
It was a beaten up old Citroën C15. There was some writing
on the side, but I couldn’t see it clearly through the rain.
那是一辆残破不堪的雪铁龙C15。车身上写着什么,但是在雨里很难看清。
It was either very dirty, or painted a nasty shade of off-white.
车非常脏,也可能是喷了一层难看的米色油漆。

Most importantly, it was driving about 25 miles an hour. The limit is 70.
最重要的是,那条路限速70,他们的时速才25。
There’s technically no minimum speed on a motorway, but the van
didn’t show any signs of speeding up, and it was kind of strange.
严格地说,高速路没有最低速度限制,可奇怪的是,那辆货车没有丁点加速的迹象。
We had enough cause to stop it if we wanted. I wasn’t sure whether
to let it go or not, but Zack had clearly made his decision already.
这属于可拦可不拦的范畴。当我还在犹豫要不要放他走的时候,萨克已经做出了决定。
He was in the driving seat and fired up the lights as we drove up behind it.
他踩下油门,点亮警灯,跟上了货车。

The van glided to a stop on the hard shoulder
at the side of the road and sat there.
货车缓缓滑行,最后停在路边的硬路肩旁。
The headlights, which had been turned
on for the rain, died. Then it just waited.
之前因为下雨打开的车灯灭了。车里没人出来。
Zack was out first. The rain was so thick that
he had to take his torch to see properly.
萨克先下了车。雨太大了,必须打着手电才能看清路。
The light passed over the van, and I could see rust
creeping around the edges of the paneling.
手电光柱打到货车上时,我才发现那车已经锈迹斑斑。

We walked up to the driver’s side.
I could see dark shapes from inside, but they weren’t moving.
我们走到驾驶座旁。车里有几个黑黢黢的人影,一动不动。
Up close, I could read the name on the side: “Breekon and Hope Deliveries.”
走近之后,我看清车上写的是“布雷肯霍普快递”。
It was covered in a thick layer of dirt that the rain couldn’t quite wash off.
车上沾着一层厚厚的油污,就算是这样的大雨都冲刷不掉。

Zack knocked on the door and it opened.
萨克敲了敲车门,门开了。
The man who got out looked normal – so normal
that these days I can’t really picture his face.
车里走出一个面相普通的男人,他实在太不起眼,我已经记不起他的长相。
Said his name was “Tom.”
他说他叫“汤姆”。
I wasn’t the one looking over his driving
licence so I don’t know about second names.
查驾照的不是我,所以我也不知道他姓什么。

From the other side two men climbed out.
车的另一边又爬下来两个男人。
They were huge. Hard faces, like a pair of old
stone statues, dressed in overalls and flat caps.
这俩人体型巨大,身穿连体工作服,头戴平舌帽,活像两尊棱角分明的古老石雕。
They asked what was going on, speaking back and forth
in Cockney accents so broad and fake-sounding that
I thought they were putting them on for a laugh.
他们你一言我一语地询问情况,两人都操着夸张浓重的伦敦
东区口音,一听就是装的,让我感觉他们想寻我们开心。
I was about to lay into them for it when a sound cut me short.
我正要好好训他们一顿,却被一个声音打断了。

Zack had been talking to “Tom,” who was making some bland explanation
for his slow driving – caution, heavy rain, empty road, all that crap.
萨克正和那个“汤姆”说着话,后者解释开这么
慢是因为雨太大、路太空,全是些蹩脚的废话。
They heard it, too, and he stopped mid-sentence to look at me.
他们也听到了那个声音,汤姆停住话头看向了我。

From the back of the van, there was a sound of moaning.
货车后部,传来了呻吟声。
It sounded kind of like a moan of pain, but long and drawn-out.
绵长纤细的呻吟声似乎充满痛苦。
It went on for almost a full minute, and was
almost, I don’t know, kind of musical.
呻吟声持续了有一分钟左右,听起来,怎么说呢,就像音乐一样。
I looked at Tom and the fake Cockney passengers,
but their faces were unreadable.
我望向汤姆,和那两个假东区人,但他们的脸上毫无表情。

Zack gripped Tom firmly by the arm and led him
to the rear doors of the van, demanding that he open it.
萨克狠狠抓住汤姆的胳膊,把他扭送到车尾,让他打开后门。
He didn’t resist, just nodded, and got out a set of keys.
他没有反抗,只是点了点头,然后拿出一串钥匙。
He put one of them in the door, turned it, and the van opened.
他挑出一把钥匙,插进门锁转了转,门开了。

I saw that the two big guys had walked up
next to us, so I was gettin’ ready for trouble,
我看到那两个大块头也跟了过来,心想事情可能不妙,
but there’s no way I would have guessed what was in there.
但我做梦都想不到车里放的竟是那种东西。

It was a coffin.
里面是口棺材。
An old, wooden coffin. Rough, unvarnished.
一口没有花纹的老旧木制棺材。
I could see splinters where the nails had been hammered in badly.
不难看出,棺木上的钉子钉得很粗糙,木头都裂了。
Wrapped all around it was a thick metal chain ending in a heavy padlock.
棺材周围缠着一根粗铁链,链子上挂着一把沉甸甸的锁。
That weird moaning was coming from inside it.
那奇怪的呻吟声就是从棺材里传出来的。
It was the only sound that cut through pounding rain.
大雨滂沱,那呻吟声如今成了雨声之外唯一的声音。

I tensed up, reaching for my baton – if these people
were kidnappers or worse, we would be in big trouble.
我一下紧张起来,伸手去摸警棍,这些人说不定是
绑架犯,甚至可能更恶劣,我们搞不好遇到大麻烦了。
I was ready for a fight, but they just stood there, not moving, staring at us.
我已经准备好动手,可他们只是站在原地,一动不动地盯着我们。
Everything about the situation felt wrong.
那个场景在各种意义上都十分不正常。

I looked over at Zack, and he seemed to be thinking the same thing.
我向萨克瞥了一眼,他好像也有同感。
He looked over at the two men in overalls and told them to take it out,
他看向那两个传连体工装的人,让他们把棺材抬出来,
then looked over to Tom asking if he had a key to the padlock.
然后又望向汤姆,问他有没有挂锁的钥匙。
Reaching into his jacket, the man who called himself Tom
pulled out a large iron key and handed it to my partner.
那个自称汤姆的人伸手从夹克里掏出一把硕大的铁钥匙,交到我搭档手里。
Didn’t look like the other keys.
这把钥匙跟其它钥匙截然不同。

I wanted to head back to the car and call in
some backup, but Zack was a senior officer, and if he
thought we should open it first, I was gonna back his play.
我想回车里呼叫支援,但萨克是我的上司,如果他认为得先打开棺材,我必须挺他。

Zack took the key and walked towards the coffin, which now
lay on the wet tarmac, lit only by the headlights of our car.
他们把棺材搬到柏油路上,只有警车的车头灯照在上面,萨克接过钥匙走了过去。
The moaning was louder now, almost
drowning out the sound of the hammering rain.
呻吟声更响了,几乎没过了滂沱大雨的声音。
Water had begun to flow off the wood, but everything else about it was still.
棺材上的雨水汇成小溪淙淙流下,除此之外,一切都如定格般静止。

As we got closer, I could see the words “Do Not Open”
scratched into the surface of the wood.
走近后我看见,棺木上刻着几个字,“不要打开”。
It didn’t look like my partner was paying them any attention, though.
但是我的搭档好像根本没看到。
He gently placed the key into the lock, wincing
slightly as he touched the metal, and turned it.
他轻轻插入钥匙,手指碰到铁锁时微微抖了抖,然后他握住钥匙开始转动。

The chains snapped off like they were spring-loaded.
铁链像上过弦一样,啪地解开了。
They whipped around violently, and Zack
jumped back, slipping and falling on his back.
铁链像鞭子一样抽动,萨克连忙后跳,脚下一滑摔倒在地。
I brought my baton up, just in case the strangers
made a move, but they were… motionless.
我提起警棍,以防对方发难,可他们却…一动不动。

The moaning had stopped.
呻吟声停止了。
The only sound was the creaking of hinges
as the lid of the coffin began to move.
唯一的声音是棺盖打开时铰链发出的吱呀声。
It was slow, the gap appearing first as
just a crack, before finally opening completely.
棺材最开始只打开一道缝,然后才慢慢开启。
It was too dark to see what was inside at first, but
when I shone my torch inside, I heard Zack gasp.
天色很暗,我看不清棺材里有什么,便用手电晃了晃,我听到萨克倒吸一口凉气。
I think I did as well.
我感觉自己大概也倒吸了一口凉气。

Inside of that wooden coffin, there was a staircase.
木头棺材里竟然是台阶。
It went down, apparently into the ground below,
and seemed to go on as deep as I could see.
台阶目力可及地向地下延伸,完全看不到尽头。
They were steep, carved out of what looked like solid stone, and the rock
that made up the walls didn’t match the wet tarmac around us, all the
earth that would have been underneath it. It was completely impossible.
那陡峭的台阶不是柏油做的,也不是地下的
泥土做的,却像是用石头刻成的。这根本说不通。

I tried to ask Tom or his companions about it, I yelled at them to explain
what the hell was going on, but they just stood there, staring at it.
我向汤姆还有他的同伴大吼,让他们给出解释,但他们只是杵在原地,盯着棺材。
So I hit one of them with my baton.
于是我抄起警棍照着其中一人抡了上去。

It was one of the large men in overalls, though I’m not sure which one.
挨打的是那两个连体工装大块头之一,具体是哪个我也不确定。
It was like hitting solid wood, and the blow jarred my
arm badly, making me drop the only weapon I had.
那感觉跟敲硬木头一样,警棍震得我手臂生疼,把唯一的武器扔在了地上。
Even then he just stood there, staring at the casket.
可即便这样,他仍旧站在原地,死死盯着那棺材。
There was a sound of movement from behind me.
我身后突然传来走动的声音。
I turned to see Isaac walking into the coffin,
his torch shining into the hollow below.
我转过身,看到艾萨克正走向棺材,用手电照着那向下延伸的空洞通道。
He’d already disappeared up to his waist, and there was this look
on his face that I have never seen before – relaxed, like he was asleep.
他的腿已经没入地下,我看到他脸上挂着一种我从未见过的,有如睡眠般的轻松。

I shouted for him, started to run but I felt a huge hand grip my shoulder.
我边喊边朝他跑去,然而有只大手攥住了我的肩膀。
I grabbed it with my good arm, tried to escape it, but the grip was too strong.
我用没受伤的手臂抓住那只手,想要挣脱开来,但完全比不过那股力道。
The texture of the flesh was like hard rubber.
那不像是人手的触感,更像是硬橡胶。
All I could do was watch as my partner kept walking into the earth, on stairs
that couldn’t be there. After a few seconds, he was completely out of sight.
我只能眼睁睁看着搭档踩着不可能存在的台阶走入地下。几秒种后,他彻底消失了。

I expected to hear something – shouting, a,
a scream, something – but it was still just the rain.
我本以为会传来什么声音,叫喊声,尖、尖叫声之类的,可耳边回荡的只有雨声。
The lid closed very slowly, and then he was gone.
棺材板缓缓合上了,他消失了。
Just a coffin sitting on the hard shoulder of the M6.
M6高速旁的硬路肩上,只剩下一口棺材。

The hand released my shoulder as the two men in overalls
began to walk over and calmly wrap the chains back around it.
我肩膀上的力道消失了,那两个穿工装的男人走上前去,又把铁链缠在棺材上。

I felt a sudden burst of anger and picked up my baton.
我感到怒不可遏,又抄起了警棍。
I lunged at them, but the one closest to me moved
quicker than I would have thought possible.
我冲向他们,但离我比较近的那个男的以不可思议的速度后发先至。
His fist slammed into my chest like a
cannonball, and I felt a couple of ribs break.
他的拳头像炮弹一样砸中我的胸口,我能感到肋骨被打折了好几根。
I collapsed to the floor, just lay there, as Tom and the two men
locked the coffin back up, loaded it into the van, and drove off.
我瘫倒在地,汤姆和那两个男人把棺材上好锁,重新装进货车里然后离开了。
I never saw Isaac Masters again.
我再也没见过艾萨克·马斯特斯。

When I called it in, I was expecting a manhunt,
an investigation, some kind of justice.
后来我把事件汇报给上级,原以为当局会组织搜捕调查,还我们一个公道。
It wasn’t like we didn’t have plenty of leads.
毕竟,我们手里有不少线索。
Instead, I was handed a form I didn’t recognize,
told to sign it, and then reassigned to the Met.
可我得到的是一张陌生的表格,他们让我填完表就把我转到大都会警局了。
Since then, it’s been one spook story after another.
从那之后,类似的鬼故事就没再停过。

ARCHIVIST
档案员
Right. Thank you. Um… are you quite all right?
好的。谢谢。嗯…你还好吧。

DAISY
黛西
No. I never told that story to anyone except my old sergeant.
不好。除了我以前的巡佐外,我没跟任何人说过这事儿。

ARCHIVIST
I’m… not sure, I, er, uh –
我…我不太,我,呃,啊…

DAISY
I should go.
我得走了。

ARCHIVIST
Yes, of course, I’ll see you out.
哦,当然了,我送送你。
Uh, there is one other thing – I’ve been meaning
to ask Basira, but you might know better –
呃,还有一件事:我一直想问问巴西拉,但也许你更了解——

DAISY
I’m done.
我受够了。

ARCHIVIST
Oh – yes, it’s just, j– do you know anything about vampires?
哦,好的,只、只不过,你知道有关吸血鬼的事吗?

DAISY
Yeah.
知道。

ARCHIVIST
Oh! Uh, it’s just – that –
噢!呃,是这样,嗯——

DAISY
A while back, there were some problems.
不久之前,我们遇到过一些问题。
Arrest irregularities around a few missing-person cases.
有几宗失踪案,逮捕嫌疑人后遇到了些蹊跷。
Suspects being released without proper interrogation.
嫌疑人未经完整审讯就被释放了。
Recordings of the interviews showed the subject wouldn’t say a word,
but the officers doing the interview would let them go anyway.
从审讯录像看,嫌疑人一句话都没说,警探就把他们放走了。

I don’t know the details of the investigation,
but there’s a new operating procedure now.
我不知道调查的具体细节,但现在开始执行新的操作流程了。

ARCHIVIST
Which would be…?
新的流程是…?

DAISY
Cases matching certain parameters have to be
monitored by another officer outside the room by video.
符合特定条件的案件在审理时必须有另一位警探在其它房间以视频方式进行监控。
In the very specific circumstance where the suspect says nothing,
but the interrogating officer acts as though they have,
而遇到那些嫌疑人一言不发,而审讯警探却好像能够沟通的案件时,
they’re immediately removed from the room. Then, they call me.
当局会立刻将警官撤出。然后召唤我。

ARCHIVIST
Just you…?
就叫你一个人…?

DAISY
There are a few others around who do it,
but I take care of a dozen or so precincts.
除我之外还有几个人负责这事,不过我一个人管着十几个局。
I cuff the suspect’s hands and legs, drive them out into
the middle of Epping Forest, and burn them to ashes.
我会铐住嫌疑人的四肢,开车到爱萍森林里,然后把嫌疑人烧成灰。
There’s never enough left to be a problem.
烧剩下的东西向来不多,所以不必担心。

I don’t know if they’re vampires, exactly, but that’s what we call them.
我不知道他们到底是不是吸血鬼,但我们一直这么叫。

ARCHIVIST
Good lord… H-how many have you… taken care of?
天哪…你、迄今为止你…处理过几个了?

DAISY
Mm… five in the last nine years.
嗯…过去9年烧了5个。

ARCHIVIST
I see…
我明白了…

DAISY
Don’t tell Basira. She doesn’t know about that procedure.
别跟巴西拉说这事。她不知道这里边的条条框框。
I, I’m not sure how much she’d understand,
she – she’s not – cut out for that kind of work.
我、我不知道她对这件事能理解多少,她、她不,她不适合接触这类工作。

ARCHIVIST
Of, of course I won’t –
我当、当然不会——

DAISY
Don’t tell her any of this, okay?
今天说的事都不能告诉她,明白吗?
I was never here. If she wants to get you more tapes,
that’s her business, but you keep this visit to yourself! Got that?!
我没来过。她还想给你磁带的话是她的事,但今天的事你不能跟她说!明白吗?!

ARCHIVIST
Uh, uh, uh, of course!
呃、呃、呃,非常明白!

DAISY
Good.
好。

[CLICK]
[按钮声]

[CLICK]
[按钮声]

Archivist
档案员
Supplemental.
补充说明。

That was… an interesting interview.
这段采访…还是挺有趣的。
It seems we’re not done with sinister coffins just yet.
看来我们跟这口邪门棺材之间的事还没画句号。
The contents were surprising, to say the least,
退一万步讲,棺材里的东西已经够惊人了,
but don’t give any real clues as to its origin, purpose,
or even its relationship with Breekon and Hope.
但我们对这口棺材的来头还是一无所知,也不知道它和布雷肯、霍普之间是什么关系。
Are they simply… couriers? Guardians? Hostages?
他们只是…运送者吗?还是守卫人?或是它的人质?

At least I also have confirmation that the vampires Trevor Herbert
described are not purely figments of a drug-addled mind.
至少我现在确定了,特雷弗·赫伯特口中的吸血鬼不是瘾君子疯癫大脑的产物。
I probably shouldn’t be too pleased to discover that there are even
more violent hunters stalking us through the night, but there it is.
黑夜中潜藏着更凶恶的怪物,这已经是板上钉钉的事实,对此我实在是高兴不起来。

I’ll… admit to feeling a bit hurt by Basira’s true motivations.
我…我承认,得知巴西拉的真实动机让我感到有些受伤。
I suppose it’s hardly surprising, I have not been
the most… stable over these last few months.
不过这也不奇怪,过去几个月,我的情况实在是不太…稳定。
Either way, I’ll not be bringing it up.
总之,我不会提起这事。

Even if I wasn’t genuinely somewhat afraid of Detective Tonner
且不说我真的有点怕特纳警探,
such a revelation would only harm our relationship, and I need those tapes.
把这层窗户纸捅破也于我们的关系不利,我需要那些磁带。
I can’t afford to have Gertrude’s time
at the Institute disappear back into obscurity.
我不能再次失去一探格特鲁德在研究院所作所为的机会。

I’ll check the one I have, and then wait to hear from Basira.
我得再检查一下手头的磁带,然后静等巴西拉的消息。
Or perhaps I should try to make contact…?
或者,我也许应该主动联系她…?
I should really have got a, number or something.
我真应该,留个电话什么的。
Well, that’s a matter for later. I need to go home. Try to get some sleep.
嗨,这都是以后的事了。我得回家了,争取能睡上一觉。

I just wish it wasn’t raining.
外面要是没下雨就好了。

End supplemental.
补充完毕。

[CLICK]
[按钮声]
TOP
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
 


Time is now: 2024-06-28, 02:15