2010-02-21, 16:01
Post #1

粉红波动研究会会员
Group Icon

Group: Sinker
Member No.: 3848

转自old.dragonagecentral.com
Editor:LdyShayna
Title: Fereldan Words and Phrases (From David Gaider’s signatures)

abelas -- (ah-BELL-aws) elven for "sorrow", also used as an apology.

Andaran atish’an: -- (an-DARE-an AH-tish-awn) a formal elvish greeting. (literally, "enter this place in peace.")

Andruil -- (‘awn-drool) elven goddess of the hunt, creator of the Vir Tanadahl, the "Way of Three Trees", the code by which all Dalish warriors live.

Arlathan: -- (ahr-LATH-ahn) The original homeland of the elves, from the phrase "ar lath’an" meaning "I love the place" or, more appropriately, "this place I love".

Falon’Din -- (fahl-awn-‘deen) "Friend of the Dead", the elven God of Death and Fortune. It is he that guides the dead across the Beyond to their final rest.

Shemlen: -- (shem-LEN) literally "quick children", the original name of the elves for the human race. It continues to see use as a slang term even though its meaning has largely been lost.

Lethallin -- (leth-ah-LEEN) "friend of mine", casual reference used for someone with whom one is familar (elven).

Durgen’len -- (dur-gen-LEN) "children of the stone", the original elven term for the dwarves.

Vallaslin -- (vahl-ess-LEEN) "blood writing", the art of tatooing adopted by some elves to more prominently (and some might say belligerently) display their worship of the traditional elven pantheon.

Fen’Harel -- (fenn-hare-ELL) also known as "the Dread Wolf", the trickster god of the old elven pantheon, supposedly responsible for deceiving the other gods into abandoning their people. Roamer of the Beyond, bringer of nightmares.

duster -- a derogatory term used by dwarves to refer to the casteless. "Brand" is also common, referring to the facial brand that casteless must legally wear.

一些精灵和矮人相关词汇,转这个的原因是因为对Shemlen被中文版翻译为“麻瓜”感到很不能忍……

This post has been edited by vestirous: 2010-02-21, 16:02
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

Time is now: 2024-05-11, 11:25